Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Poem

I don't remember where I originally found this but I came across it again and had to post it. It brings a tear to my eye everytime I read it.

Take time to hold me on your lap,
To joke with me and make me laugh,
Take time, Mommy; this time will go so fast..
Take time to give me extra hugs,
To teach me a nursery rhyme or song,
Take time, Mommy; I won't be little long..
Take time to tuck me into bed,
To read me that story you know by heart,
Take time, Mommy; soon these days will part..
Take time to exclaim over what I color,
To admire the things I make from clay,
Take time, Mommy; I'm growing up and away..
Take time to imagine or make-believe,
To play some childish, silly game,
Take time, Mommy; soon it won't be the same..
Take time to let me help you work,
To teach me the many things you know;
Take time, Mommy; enjoy me as I grow..
--Author Unknown
It is such a true poem. Time goes so fast when they are little. You must take the good with the bad. The smiles with the tears. The laughs with the screams. Because one day you will turn around and they will be all grown up. Not wanting to draw for you, play with you, won't want to be hugged or kissed. I hope that time is way off for me. I love my little boy. I want him to always need a kiss and a hug. No matter how tall he gets. No matter who is around. I love him more than I love myself. I didn't know that was possible until I first held him in my arms. I would die for him. I would kill for him. He is the love of my life.

No comments: