Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I know its been awhile

So I have been slack in posting. I just can't seem to find the time. Michael is so active now. I have to keep him busy or he gets crazy. He has been known to throw a fit or two!

Well we went to NYU and everything is going well. We have to go back in 6 months to see Shelley the speech/language pathologist. Michael was not gonna talk in front of all those people. I knew it. But he was well behaved. I have to give him that.

His speech is progressing nicely. He now will repeat words and is starting to put them together in 2-3 word clusters. We are trying to get his speech therapy upped to 3x a week. We are just waiting for the approval.

We also have done a few things since my last post. We had his birthday party, he went to our local 4th of July parade, we got him a pool and we took him to see the fireworks last night. He was great with them. He wasn't scared and kept saying BOOM BOOM everytime they went off.

We have to go back to the eye doctor this month, so far so good with the glasses. He even asks for them when he gets up in the morning.

But alas we are still having sleeping problems. We refuses to stay in his bed. He now has a FULL size bed, with Disney CARS sheets and will go to bed there but a few hours later he is up, at the side of my bed going "Mommy?". I put him back in and he is up an hour later right at the side of my bed. UGH. It is so hard not getting a full nights sleep. Hopefully he will grow out of this soon. Hell, I slept in a twin bed until I got married, he doesn't know how good he's got it!

Here are a few of photos for you viewing pleasure!



His NASCAR cake. He had a whole NASCAR Theme. Why they put flowers on it I will never know.


Walking in the parade. He loved waving that flag at people.


So I thought I would try some video. I hope it works.