Friday, September 15, 2006

Halloween

Am I jumping the gun by getting ready for Halloween already? We already have made plans with Michaels Godfather to go Trick-or-Treating and I already have his costume and candy bucket.

If you check out the last 2 years postings on Halloween he was a pumpkin (6 months old) and a fireman (1 1/2 years). I try to incorporate what Michael is into at that time. He was a pumpkin cause his grandma called him pumpkin. A fireman cause he was fascinated by the fire trucks and we had to stop everytime we passed the fire house. This year we are going with the CARS theme. I originally wanted to do a NASCAR outfit but after seeing the cost of the costumes I let that fantasy die LOL!

I was in Tous R Us last night to pick up something non Hallowen related and saw they had all the costumes out already. You have all your standards.... Policeman, Doctor, Thomas the Tank Engine etc. I was about to give up and just walk away when I spotted something out of the corner of my eye that looked familiar...........CARS!


Well, there were a few people standing near the CARS outfit but that didn't stop me. I walked over and just said "Excuse me" and grabbed the outfit not knowing the size or price and truthfully not caring and walked away with my amazing find. There may have been a dirty look or two but I didn't even notice. You snooze you lose! All is fair in love and Halloween costumes!

Luck was on my side. It was the right size and inexpensive. Then I found the candy bucket. Also with the CARS theme. Very cute. I can't get a photo of it cause he is playing with it. I will post his Halloween pictures from Sears as soon as I have them done. I take him every year. I have to go soon cause they take 3 weeks to come back and I would like to have them before Halloween.

No comments: